NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Four people have been arrested in connection to a homicide Tuesday morning on Norchester Avenue in Norfolk.
Police have charged both Peter W. Babar, 49, and Donell Small Jr., 26, with second degree murder and use of a firearm, and Krystal E. Bowers, 30, and Delphine D. Simmons, 52, were charged with accessory after the fact. All are from Norfolk.
Babar had his charges certified to a grand jury on Feb. 24. And the charges against Simmons and Bowers have since been nolle prosequi, or withdrawn.
The shooting happened around 10 a.m. Tuesday morning in the 900 block of Norchester Avenue just east of Norfolk State‘s campus. The victim, Charles A. Sparks, of Chesapeake, died at Sentara Norfolk General from a gunshot wound.
Police have yet to release a motive or other information in the case.
All four suspects are currently being held in the Norfolk City Jail without bond.
- Blog: Hazy sunshine into Monday; pleasant week ahead
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57
- Woman who fled Maui wildfire on foot dies after weeks in hospital burn unit
- Warner to come to Norfolk, address government shutdown
- Girl, 9, may have been abducted at New York state park: authorities