SMITHFIELD, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a 30-year-old man is wanted following a Tuesday morning shooting in Smithfield.
According to police, 30-year-old Andrew Brock Jr. was arguing with his ex-girlfriend through her closed apartment door in the 100 block of Cattail Lane when the incident happened.
When she refused to let him in, police allege Brock kicked open the door and fired multiple shots which struck another man inside the apartment. The victim was shot four times in the abdomen, but Smithfield Police said he is expected to survive.
Reports say Brock then fled the scene.
He is currently wanted for breaking and entering, aggravated malicious wounding, shooting within a dwelling, and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Anyone that has any information about this incident is asked to contact the Isle of Wight/Smithfield/Windsor Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or the Smithfield Police Department at 757-357-3247.
If you believe you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence or child abuse, 10 On Your Side has compiled a list of local and national resources to help you.
For the full list of resources, CLICK HERE.
- Trump to hold Fayetteville rally Saturday, his 4th visit in as many weeks to NC
- Chesapeake twins celebrate birthday, end of chemotherapy treatment with parade of cars
- NC Sept. 19 COVID-19 update: Over 1,200 new cases reported with 28 additional deaths
- Body found in Virginia field positively ID’d as missing Raleigh man, police say
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments