NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police say a 27-year-old man has been charged with several sex offenses after he allegedly had sexual contact with a juvenile girl.
Police say Marquis Jacobs, of South Carolina, is charged with rape, sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, indecent liberties with child, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, police said.
Officers were dispatched to a local hospital June 17, 2020 for a report of a past sex offense, police said.
Officers arrived and spoke with a complainant who said there was a sex offense involving “inappropriate contact” with her juvenile daughter.
The complainant said they knew the male who assaulted the girl.
Further investigation led police to Jacobs, they said.
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals