FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) — A 25-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder following a shooting that killed a 47-year-old man in Franklin over the weekend.
The Franklin Police Department initially got the call for shots fired at the Hi-Lo convenience store in the 1400 block of South Street just before 8 p.m. Sunday.
When officers got to the scene, they say 47-year-old Southampton County resident Rolando Bynum was found suffering from gunshot wounds.
Bynum was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police later took 25-year-old Keonte Flythe into custody. Flythe has been charged with first degree- murder and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Flythe was taken to Western Tidewater Regional Jail, where he is currently being held without bond.
- Immigration advocates ask Biden for humanitarian assistance, clarity for refugees
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration
- VA House passes bill to keep some pandemic election changes; Republican leader casts doubt on results