FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) — Franklin Police are asking for the public’s help with finding a man wanted in connection with a shooting that occurred early Wednesday afternoon.
Police officials say the call came in at about 1:30 p.m. for a report of shots fired in the 1400 block of South Street in Franklin.
When police arrived at the scene, there was no victim. Shortly after, the police received a second call that a victim with a gunshot wound was at the Southampton Memorial Hospital Emergency Room.
Police say the victim suffered from a gunshot wound that was not considered life-threatening.
The investigation later revealed that the victim and 19-year-old Demetrius McNeil were arguing and McNeil pulled out a weapon and began to fire which struck the victim.
McNeil fled the scene and the victim was driven to the emergency room by a private vehicle.
Demetrius McNeil from Franklin is currently wanted on charges of attempted murder, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and several other weapons-related charges.
Those with any information can call the Franklin Police Department at 757-562-8575 or the Franklin Crime Line at 757-562-8599.
- XFL football to return spring of 2022
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Virginia Oct. 1 COVID-19 update: Case averages dropping statewide, regionally; Hampton Roads’ percent positivity now 4.4%
- Titans home game against Steelers to be rescheduled for later in the season
- Burn victim finds healing through social media trend