HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A 17-year-old boy from Newport News has been charged with felony homicide months after a fatal shooting on Research Drive in Hampton.
Police announced Tuesday that the teen was arrested and charged with one count of felony homicide, one count of attempted robbery, one count of conspiracy to commit a felony and one count of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Police say the shooting happened back on February 10 inside a business in the first block of Research Drive. Officers found an 18-year-old man, Hampton resident Jac’Quan Tisdale, who had been struck by gunfire. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another victim, a 36-year-old Hampton man, was treated at the hospital and later released.
Police say the 17-year-old suspect remains in custody at a local detention facility. No other details in the case have been released.
- President Trump signs off on Great American Outdoors Act
- $35M in federal grants will pay for trafficking victim housing
- Kings Dominion to stay closed for remainder of 2020
- President Trump set to hold White House briefing Tuesday afternoon
- Trump signs $3B-a-year plan to boost conservation, parks while creating 10,000 Virginia jobs