HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A 17-year-old boy from Newport News has been charged with felony homicide months after a fatal shooting on Research Drive in Hampton.
Police announced Tuesday that the teen was arrested and charged with one count of felony homicide, one count of attempted robbery, one count of conspiracy to commit a felony and one count of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Police say the shooting happened back on February 10 inside a business in the first block of Research Drive. Officers found an 18-year-old man, Hampton resident Jac’Quan Tisdale, who had been struck by gunfire. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another victim, a 36-year-old Hampton man, was treated at the hospital and later released.
Police say the 17-year-old suspect remains in custody at a local detention facility. No other details in the case have been released.
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Family of Norfolk shooting victim offering $10,000 reward for information leading to suspect’s arrest
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Maplewood St. in Hampton
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison