NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police have arrested a 21-year-old man accused of shooting and injuring a 12-year-old boy on September 22.
Police have charged Cevan O. Pierce, 21, of Norfolk, with three counts of each of the following: malicious wounding, use of a firearm, and shooting into an occupied vehicle.
Police responded to a report of a gunshot victim in the 800 block of E. Princess Anne Road just after 6 p.m. on Sept. 22.
They arrived and located the 12-year-old boy with a gunshot wound that wasn’t considered life-threatening.
The child was taken to Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters in Norfolk where he was treated for his injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Despite early voting, state law could see Election Day results delayed
- 46-year-old man charged with stabbing 2 teens outside Chesterfield middle school