NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police have arrested a 21-year-old man accused of shooting and injuring a 12-year-old boy on September 22.
Police have charged Cevan O. Pierce, 21, of Norfolk, with three counts of each of the following: malicious wounding, use of a firearm, and shooting into an occupied vehicle.
Police responded to a report of a gunshot victim in the 800 block of E. Princess Anne Road just after 6 p.m. on Sept. 22.
They arrived and located the 12-year-old boy with a gunshot wound that wasn’t considered life-threatening.
The child was taken to Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters in Norfolk where he was treated for his injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Crews from Virginia Beach Fire, North Carolina departments team up to install more than 50 smoke alarms
- No. 21 Virginia tops Louisville 68-58 to claim ACC title
- Michigan’s 2nd oldest resident celebrating 113th birthday
- Dawes scores 21 as Clemson defeats Pittsburgh 77-62 in finale
- Virginia elected officials respond to Senate’s passage of American Rescue Plan $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill