VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Crews responded to a fire in the Town Center area of Virginia Beach Saturday night.

Crews were dispatched to the 4500 block of Virginia Beach Boulevard for the report of a fire.

When crews arrived on scene, they found that lightning struck a power pole behind the Fresh Market at Pembroke Mall and melted the nearby plastic gas line causing the fire. 

This happened from the severe weather that passed through the area Saturday night.

Photo Courtesy- Virginia Beach Fire Department

No structures or vehicles were involved. No injuries were reported.

Check for the latest updates.