‘Careless cooking’ to blame as fire displaces two Hampton residents

Hampton

Credit – Hampton Fire Department

HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Authorities say that “careless cooking” is the cause of a fire that displaced two Hampton residents Sunday morning.

Fire officials got the call at around 11:15 a.m. Sunday morning about a residential fire in the 40 block of Towler Drive.

According to the Hampton Fire Department, the fire was put out in 30 minutes. One resident was home at the time and was able to escape uninjured.

The Red Cross is assisting two residents displaced by the fire.

The incident was ruled accidental by officials.

Credit – Hampton Fire Department

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

***EXPERTS***

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook

Trending stories