BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Walmart says it plans to repeat its special cash bonus for all U.S. hourly employees amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The major retailer said this includes hourly associates in stores, clubs, supply chain and offices, drivers, and assistant managers in stores and clubs.
Full-time hourly employees will receive $300, and part-time hourly and temporary associates will get $150. The bonuses will add up to more than $390 million, the retailer says.
Employees must have been hired by the company as of June 5 to qualify, and the bonus will pay out on June 25.
“Walmart and Sam’s Club associates continue to do remarkable work, and it’s important we reward and appreciate them,” said John Furner, President and CEO of Walmart U.S. “All across the country, they’re providing Americans with the food, medicine and supplies they need, while going above and beyond the normal scope of their jobs – diligently sanitizing their facilities, making customers and members feel safe and welcome, and handling difficult situations with professionalism and grace.”
- ‘More white people locking arms with black people today … than I’ve ever seen’: Newport News pastor sees hope
- 1 displaced after fire on Queen Street in Portsmouth
- Minneapolis protester speaks about helping man who drove truck into demonstration
- Hundreds attend Black Lives Matter 757 peace rally and memorial
- 1 flown to hospital, another taken by ambulance, after crash in James City County