VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Following business shutdowns due to the coronavirus pandemic, Nordstrom Rack in the Pembroke Mall in Virginia Beach will be reopening to shoppers starting Thursday.
Nordstrom is taking a phased, market-by-market reopening approach to protect the health and well-being of its customers, employees and communities, a store representative wrote in an email Tuesday.
Nordstrom is only opening stores where state and local governments allow it. They’re also opening stores with certain safety measures and protocols in place.
Here’s what Nordstrom is doing:
- Conducting health screenings for employees before they come to work
- Giving face coverings to employees and customers
- Encouraging social distancing of 6 feet or more and limiting the number of customers and employees in the store
- Increasing cleaning and sanitization
- Changing fitting room protocol
- Offering contactless curbside services at full-line stores
- Pausing or changing high-touch services and customer events
- Keeping tried-on or returned merchandise off the sales floor for a period of time
- Changing hours of operation
Learn more about Nordstrom’s reopening approach and see the full list of re-opening Nordstrom stores on the blog Nordstrom Now.
- Immerse yourself in the great outdoors with Danbury’s state parks, waterfalls, river rapids, hiking trails
- LIVE: Safety concerns persist as IOC says Olympics without fans ‘something we don’t want’
- Florida workers surprise 4-year-old girl with garbage truck birthday parade
- Kevin Stitt becomes first U.S. governor to test positive for COVID-19
- Blog: Most Areas Need Rain. Chances Increase Soon.