HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A popular Ybor City restaurant is getting worldwide recognition.
The restaurant, 7th + Grove, is one of several across the country featured in Pepsi’s latest ad campaign called Pepsi Dig In. It’s a platform that supports Black-owned restaurants by providing training, business growth opportunities and raising visibility for the industry.
Dr. Jamaris Glenn is the co-owner of the 7th + Grove and says the 30-second featured video played on television during the recent Tampa Bay Buccaneers game.
“This opportunity means everything,” Glenn said. “There was excitement, nervousness, anxiety but it was a beautiful experience.”
Pepsi Dig In is part of Pepsico’s journey to racial equality and $50 million commitment over the next five years to strengthening Black-owned small businesses.
Glenn is thrilled that his restaurant is part of the initiative but even more thrilled that the Black-owned restaurant industry is center stage.
“It shows they believe in visibility as well,” Glenn said. “The big guy can showcase the little guy.”
- 57-year-old man dies following vehicle-pedestrian crash in Norfolk
- ‘A total loss’: Fire engulfs home in Isle of Wight
- Blog: Warming Up and Some Rain Ahead
- ‘No walk-ins’: Virginia Beach church advises COVID-19 vaccine registration is full ahead of weekend event
- Friday night football returns to Hampton Roads for first time in over a year