TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Bed Bath & Beyond announced Sunday night it will be closing all stores in support of national efforts to combat the spread of coronavirus.
The retail store sent an email out to its customers stating starting Monday, March 23, all locations will close until April 3.
“We realize the impact store closures will have on our associates and assure you the well-being of every employee is a top priority,” said Bed Bath & Beyond President and CEO Mark Tritton. “We want to take care of them in the best way we can and will be providing applicable pay and benefits for this period.”
Tritton also mentioned in the email that customers will now have up to 240 days from the date of purchase to return an item(s).
In the meantime, the retail store will remain open online for customers.
- New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis Jr. died of COVID-19 complications at age 85, son says
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Va. nurse to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Newport News Police respond to shooting on Monitor Court