(DISCLAIMER: Video is from Chopper 10 LIVE – turn down/mute audio)
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police are searching for a driver who fled the scene of a crash that left one man with serious injuries in Virginia Beach on Saturday.
The call came in at about 2:40 p.m. for a two-vehicle crash in the 1400 block of South Independence Boulevard causing heavy traffic conditions.
Officers arrived on the scene and found one of the drivers, an adult man, who was seriously injured. According to police officials, he had to be extricated from the vehicle by members of the Virginia Beach Fire Department.
The victim was brought to a local hospital for his injuries. There were no other passengers with him during the crash.
The second vehicle involved fled the scene of the crash. Police are looking for the driver who is believed to be in an older model, burgundy Ford Explorer with front and driver side damage.
At 6:40 p.m., Virginia Beach city officials said that the roadway had been reopened on South Independence Boulevard.
The incident remains under investigation by members of the Fatal Accident Crash Team (FACT). No further information is available at this time.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is encouraged to call Virginia Beach Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887). You can also submit a tip via P3tips.com or by downloading the P3 Tips app available in Apple iTunes and Google Play Stores.
- Norfolk City Council to hear pro-gun group’s proposal to prohibit local gun law changes
- VisitNorfolk receives $10,000 from Virginia Tourism program to promote small businesses
- Newport News to host One City Marathon virtually in 2021
- Virginia DMV offers eligible commercial drivers a chance to renew licenses online
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio