NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in a Walmart parking lot on Wednesday afternoon that left two with injuries.
The call came in just before 3 p.m. for the incident at the Walmart located at 1170 North Military Highway.
Police say they arrived on scene to find a woman with injuries that aren’t considered life-threatening. She was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital and is expected to be OK.
Police were also notified that a man had walked into the same hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
Detectives say they believe the shooting was an isolated incident.
No further information is available at this time.
This is a breaking news story.
- 5, including officer, injured and taken to hospital after falling tree causes crash in Suffolk
- One year later: Suffolk city leaders acquire, plan to demolish buildings damaged by tornado
- Virginia Sen. Kaine’s proposal to repeal decades-old war authorization advances to the Senate floor
- VB announces 9 people on shortlist for Kempsville District council seat
- Warwick Little League All-Stars hoping to play in Little League World Series