NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in a Walmart parking lot on Wednesday afternoon that left two with injuries.
The call came in just before 3 p.m. for the incident at the Walmart located at 1170 North Military Highway.
Police say they arrived on scene to find a woman with injuries that aren’t considered life-threatening. She was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital and is expected to be OK.
Police were also notified that a man had walked into the same hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
Detectives say they believe the shooting was an isolated incident.
No further information is available at this time.
This is a breaking news story.
- ‘Olympic athletes are dying:’ Doc sheds light on suicide among Olympians
- Possible tornado causes widespread damage in Kilmarnock
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say
- Cardinals catcher Molina tests positive for COVID-19; names of other infected players released
- Missouri mayor defends concerts, parties during COVID-19 pandemic