EMPORIA, Va. (WRIC) — The Emporia Police Department said they are conducting a homicide investigation after a 14-year-old was shot and killed early Saturday morning.
Police said they responded to the 200 block of Briggs St. at 2:50 a.m. for a reported shooting. Upon arrival they found a 14-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound in the back yard.
The Greensville County Volunteer Rescue determined the victim died from the gunshot wounds at the scene.
Detectives said the investigation is still on-going.
Emporia Police say they have obtained a warrant and are investigating a home in regards to the shooting.
Anyone with Information is asked to call the Emporia Police Department at 434-634-2121.
- VB city manager makes immediate changes to police oversight panel; Norfolk hopes to start forming theirs by year’s end
- Shooting reported on Church Street in Norfolk Tuesday
- Virtual school overload giving your kids ‘v-school-itis’? We’ve got help!
- Amtrak to restore Virginia train services with new safety initiatives
- Suffolk Police release pictures of several people of interest in August robbery, stabbing