VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police worked a barricade situation Wednesday evening, causing streets to close around the 500 block of 19th Street.
The situation was resolved at 8:22 p.m.
The call came in just before 3:30 p.m. Police said a man inside the residence had access to weapons and refused to exit and communicate with police.
VBPD SWAT Unit, Crisis Negotiators, and officers from Special Operations helped police in the case, and were able to safely get the man to come out of the house around 8:22 p.m.
Police asked people to avoid the area of the 500 block of 19th Street and streets in close proximity near Baltic Avenue.
The case is under investigation.
This is a breaking news story.
- Oceanfront businesses forced to close some locations, rethink operations due to lack of help
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County