VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police worked a barricade situation Wednesday evening, causing streets to close around the 500 block of 19th Street.
The situation was resolved at 8:22 p.m.
The call came in just before 3:30 p.m. Police said a man inside the residence had access to weapons and refused to exit and communicate with police.
VBPD SWAT Unit, Crisis Negotiators, and officers from Special Operations helped police in the case, and were able to safely get the man to come out of the house around 8:22 p.m.
Police asked people to avoid the area of the 500 block of 19th Street and streets in close proximity near Baltic Avenue.
The case is under investigation.
This is a breaking news story.
- NC COVID-19 update: 7,181 new COVID-19 cases reported with 122 new deaths
- First case of COVID-19 variant reported in North Carolina
- Sandbridge fire leaves 4 people, 3 dogs without a home
- Virginia COVID-19 Jan. 23 update: Over 4,900 new cases, nearly 1,400 in Hampton Roads, positivity rate at 12.8%
- ‘Million-dollar’ cities surging, despite pandemic