HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — There are now 11 confirmed deaths at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Health Center as a result of the coronavirus, according to Dr. Danny Avula, Director for Henrico and Richmond Health districts.
Two of the 11 deaths are presumed cases of COVID-19.
Speaking at a press conference Wednesday evening, Avula said there are a total of 37 residents who tested positive for coronavirus. Additionally, 25 staff members also tested positive for COVID-19.
That number does not include those who have died, Avula added.
Addressing the overall impact of COVID-19, Avula said six to seven of the 1,000 people infected with COVID-19 are dying, a number that remains worse than the flu.
Avula predicts the spread of the disease may peak by late May, early June.
This is a developing story.
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Multi-agency search and rescue locates lost woman at Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- COVID-19 death toll at Deerfield Correctional Center increases to 14