HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The Hampton Health Department reported its first coronavirus death on Friday night.
The resident was a man in his 60s with underlying health conditions, according to officials.
The HHD reported it as a case of community spread.
“The Hampton Health Department is saddened to announce the first COVID-19 related death in Hampton. This is a sad day and our hearts go out to his family and friends. The Hampton Health Department is investigating how he may have been exposed to the virus and we urge our community to continue to follow guidance from the Virginia Department of Health to keep COVID-19 from spreading,” said Acting Hampton Health Director Dr. Steve Julian.
No further information about the patient will be provided.
- Lottery system to decide if some students continue virtual learning at Old Donation School in VB
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Nigerian state says rapists will face surgical castration
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?