HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton Police are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred Saturday night.
The call came in just after 10:30 p.m. for a shooting in the 2000 Block of Richard Avenue.
One victim — an adult man later identified as 33-year-old Reginald Jenkins, Jr. from Hampton — was reported deceased at the scene due to being struck by gunfire.
Shortly after, another adult man was dropped off at a local hospital and treated for injuries that were not life-threatening.
The initial investigation revealed that Jenkins and a subject, later identified as 31-year-old Sean Anthony McNeil from Hampton, got into an altercation at a residence and that is when a firearm was discharged.
McNeil was arrested on charges of murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He is currently being held at the Hampton City Jail.
The incident is still under investigation and no further information is available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Virginia Beach schools to return students with disabilities to in-person learning Dec. 1
- Isle of Wight County Schools creates COVID-19 dashboard, reports positive tests for 3 staff and 6 students
- VDOT holds virtual information session on Wythe Creek Road widening project
- Hampton University partners with Sentara to provide free vaccines to some peninsula seniors
- Newport News Shipbuilding awarded $2.2B contract to help build first Columbia-class ballistic missile submarines