VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Emergency crews have responded after a man’s body was pulled from the water in the Croatan area of Virginia Beach on Thursday morning.
Virginia Beach police said the scene is in the 900 block of S. Atlantic Avenue at Lockheed Avenue. They got the call just after 8 a.m.
The man, identified as 49-year-old Wade Pressley Walton from Norfolk, was pronounced dead and police believe drowning is the cause of death.
No other details are available at this time, but police and EMS are at the scene. Check back for updates on this breaking news.
- 1 dead, another critically injured following overnight shooting on Randolph St. in Portsmouth
- 2 dead, 1 seriously injured in domestic-related shooting on W Balview Ave in Norfolk
- Man injured during overnight shooting on High St. in Portsmouth
- Furious ODU rally falls short against Buffalo 35-34
- Stop the Violence team, We Matter host open mic night to encourage positive community connections in Norfolk