NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A multi-vehicle crash on I-64 westbound near Norview Avenue in Norfolk is causing major delays for motorists on Friday afternoon.
The call came in just before 12:30 p.m. at mile marker 280 near exit 279B.
Four vehicles may be involved and three people were transported to a local hospital for injuries that are not considered life-threatening, according to Virginia State Police officials.
As of 12:55 p.m., traffic backups are approximately 3 miles and one westbound lane is closed, according to VDOT and 511 traffic alerts.
This is a breaking news story.
- What can Democrats do in response to Trump’s Supreme Court pick? These three scenarios are getting attention
- Photos: Australian rescuers save 25 of 270 stranded whales so far
- Watch: Bear cub tries to get into Colorado home
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom in SC
- ‘Uber for evictions:’ Startup raising eyebrows for listing tenant removal gig jobs