NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A multi-vehicle crash on I-64 westbound near Norview Avenue in Norfolk is causing major delays for motorists on Friday afternoon.
The call came in just before 12:30 p.m. at mile marker 280 near exit 279B.
Four vehicles may be involved and three people were transported to a local hospital for injuries that are not considered life-threatening, according to Virginia State Police officials.
As of 12:55 p.m., traffic backups are approximately 3 miles and one westbound lane is closed, according to VDOT and 511 traffic alerts.
This is a breaking news story.
- Biden orders 200 million more COVID-19 vaccine doses to boost US supply
- 5 things you didn’t know about Super Bowl betting
- Indonesian volcano unleashes river of lava in new eruption
- CDC study: Low coronavirus transmission in schools that can ttake proper precautions
- No injuries after overnight fire on Green Ash Court in Suffolk