NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A multi-vehicle crash on I-64 westbound near Norview Avenue in Norfolk is causing major delays for motorists on Friday afternoon.
The call came in just before 12:30 p.m. at mile marker 280 near exit 279B.
Four vehicles may be involved and three people were transported to a local hospital for injuries that are not considered life-threatening, according to Virginia State Police officials.
As of 12:55 p.m., traffic backups are approximately 3 miles and one westbound lane is closed, according to VDOT and 511 traffic alerts.
This is a breaking news story.
- PHOTOS: New Springmaid Pier designed to survive Cat 4 storm
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- LIST: Where you’ll quarantine if traveling to or from South Carolina
- FL Sheriff: ‘I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt’