CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A motorcyclist was seriously hurt after crashing into a car on Interstate 64 near Military Highway in Chesapeake on Sunday night.
Dispatch received the call around 6:20 p.m.
According to Virginia State Police, the driver of the motorcycle struck a Dodge Charger from behind and suffered major injuries.
The crash occurred at mile marker 297.8 and shutdown all eastbound lanes for about an hour.
Chesapeake Police and Virginia State Police investigated the crash, and State Police said that the Chesapeake Police Department will be placing charges.
No additional information is available at this time.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight
- US recorded second-highest daily increase of new coronavirus cases on Thursday
- Chick-fil-A sauces coming to grocery stores nationwide next year
- Friday is deadline to request absentee ballot in Virginia
- Person shot on Cunningham Drive in Hampton