CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — A motorcyclist was seriously hurt after crashing into a car on Interstate 64 near Military Highway in Chesapeake on Sunday night.
Dispatch received the call around 6:20 p.m.
According to Virginia State Police, the driver of the motorcycle struck a Dodge Charger from behind and suffered major injuries.
The crash occurred at mile marker 297.8 and shutdown all eastbound lanes for about an hour.
Chesapeake Police and Virginia State Police investigated the crash, and State Police said that the Chesapeake Police Department will be placing charges.
No additional information is available at this time.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Friday night football returns to Hampton Roads for first time in over a year
- Chesapeake man convicted of murdering wife in 2017
- Old Dominion win stay hot, knock off Middle Tennessee 67-61
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise