VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A stretch of brush fires have been reported along the road on 264 westbound Saturday afternoon.
The Virginia State Police dispatch received a call around 3:45 p.m. for fires along the interstate near Rosemont Road in Virginia Beach.
The Virginia Beach Fire Department is responding to the scene.
As of 4:10 p.m., VDOT said that the fires are near mile marker 18.2 in Virginia Beach near Old Toll Plaza. Delays are expected while the west right center lane, right outside lane, and right shoulder remain closed.
As of 4:40 p.m., no additional information is available.
This is a breaking news story. We will continue to update it as information becomes available.
- Norfolk City Council to hear pro-gun group’s proposal to prohibit local gun law changes
- VisitNorfolk receives $10,000 from Virginia Tourism program to promote small businesses
- Newport News to host One City Marathon virtually in 2021
- Virginia DMV offers eligible commercial drivers a chance to renew licenses online
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio