Lay’s is rolling out five new limited-batch flavors of chips that will draw on classic dishes served at beloved U.S. restaurants.
The snack lineup includes:
- Lay’s Kettle Cooked New York Style Pizza inspired by Grimaldi’s in New York City
- Lay’s Nashville Hot Chicken inspired by Party Fowl in Nashville
- Lay’s Philly Cheesesteak inspired by Geno’s Steaks in Philadelphia
- Lay’s Wavy Carnitas Street Taco inspired by El Torito in Los Angeles
- Lay’s Chile Relleno inspired by Cocina Azul in Albuquerque
The Chile Relleno Lay’s will only be available at WalMart and 7-Eleven, according to Jen Crichton, Frito-Lay North America’s brand communications director.
The potato chips are expected to hit shelves later this month.
Albuquerque residents reacted to news of Lay’s honoring their local favorite:
“The new restaurant-inspired Lay’s may just offer the best of both worlds in the current environment,” said Jen Crichton, Frito-Lay North America brand communications director, in an emailed statement.
Frito-Lay, the PepsiCo subsidiary that makes Lay’s, expects an uptick in snacking this summer as more people stay home and interact with friends virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Lay’s Flavor Icons potato chips are expected to be available in some stores toward the middle of the month and nationwide by the end of July.
- Class of 2020 ‘Commemorative Brick Program’ planned for Town Point Park in Norfolk
- Norfolk Collegiate receives gift to offer ‘inclusive and supportive community’
- Chesapeake private school to open for full-time, in-person instruction
- Hampton University files lawsuit over pharmacy school’s withdrawal of accreditation
- VB mayor asks state legislators for $10M toward delayed Building 2 renovations