ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WAVY) — The Department of Justice announced Friday that an indictment was unsealed charging 26 defendants of drug trafficking, possessing a firearm during drug trafficking, money laundering and other charges.
Out of the 26 defendants, 16 were from the Hampton Roads region, including six from Newport News, five from Hampton, three from Chesapeake, one from Portsmouth and one from Yorktown.
These charges were brought as the result of Operation Lights Out, an FBI-led investigation in partnership with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, according to a release. The following people from Hampton Roads region are facing charges:
- Cortez Dayshawn Bumphus, 34, Newport News
- Dontae Lamont Dozier, 35, Chesapeake
- Amanda Bell, 22, Chesapeake
- Stephon Lamount Bumphus, 34, Newport News
- Damian Deshawn Gay, 25, Hampton
- Andrea Hunt, 28, Hampton
- Brandon Lamar Martin, 37, Hampton
- Carl Eugene Mitchell, Jr., 27, Newport News
- Earvin Jerome Moore, 43, Newport News
- Freddie Jamaul Moore, 37, Portsmouth
- Dominique McKenzie Osborne, 24, Hampton
- Rahkim O’Neil Perry, 25, Newport News
- Nathan Caleb Schlosser-Goodson, 25, Yorktown
- Anastasia Suyas, 25, Newport News
- Nyra Taylor, 23, Hampton
- Alicia Zamora, 22, Chesapeake
If convicted, the defendants each face a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison and a maximum of life in prison.
“The unsealing of this indictment reflects months of incredible efforts by law enforcement,” said Jessica D. Aber, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, in a release. “We are able to bring these charges because of the effective cooperation and collaborative effort of our local, state and federal partners on this case. I am grateful to all our attorneys, agents and officers who work diligently every day to take massive amounts of illegal guns and drugs off of our streets.”
If you have any information about this case, you can submit an anonymous tip by calling 1-888-LOCK-U-UP, downloading the P3 tips app to a mobile device, or visiting www.P3tips.com and submitting a tip.