2 children, 2 adults taken to hospital after South Norfolk house fire

News
South Norfolk Rodgers Street fire

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Two children and two adults were taken to the hospital wth minor injuries on Tuesday after a house fire in South Norfolk. 

Chesapeake and Norfolk fire departments responded to the fire in the 1100 block of Rodgers Street at 6:24 p.m.

Units arrived at 6:27 p.m. and found smoke and fire showing from the side of the two-story home. 

Fire officials say everyone had already evacuated by the time firefighters arrived and the fire was brought under control at 6:42 p.m. It was fully extinguished at 7:15 p.m.

Officials say the fire was caused by a pan left unattended on the stove and all residents are expected to make a full recovery. One other person was treated at the scene. The Red Cross is assisting with lodging arrangements. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook