VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — The Winter Wildlife Festival is back this year and will be providing socially distant ways to enjoy the outdoors.
The main events run from January 28 until January 31 and include a Birding Challenge, workshops, excursions, virtual activities, kayaking events, photo contests, StoryWalk, and children’s activities.
“We’re going the distance this year and presenting virtual and in-person components to ensure a safe, yet engaging experience for all,” the festival posted to its website.
A Parks & Recreation membership is not required to register for Winter Wildlife Festival activities.
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent
- Norfolk Police investigating fatal stabbing, person of interest detained