NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The Virginia Zoo is inviting visitors 21 years old and up for an exclusive “adults only” night to let their inner child roam free!
Whether a date night or some dedicated time with friends, leave the kids at home and roam free inside the Virginia Zoo later this month.
The exclusive “adult only” night will be on July 24 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Event organizers say there will be food, beer, and wine available for purchase. Exhibits will stay open, however some exhibits may be closed including the ZooFarm, World of Reptiles, and Australia Walkabout depending on the Zoo’s re-opening phase.
- Zoo Members – $5
- Non-Members – $15
- Industry and Frontline staff – $5 off
Organizers say all industry and frontline staff will also receive a $5 discount off their ticket price as a thank you for their work amid the coronavirus pandemic.
These include employees in the following industries:
- First Responders
- Retail (Including grocery)
- Service (including auto-body shops, postal and delivery workers, hotels, banks, and financial institution, real estate, journalists)
- Food Service (including delivery drivers, farmers, and suppliers)
- Supply Chains
- Government and Military
- Utilities, Construction, Home repair, Sanitation
Officials are reminding visitors that the discount is only valid for the employee, and does not apply to guests, family or friends of the employee.
For more information regarding the event, click here.
- Oceanfront businesses forced to close some locations, rethink operations due to lack of help
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County