VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center in Virginia Beach may be temporarily closed to the public because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but there is still a lot happening behind the scenes.
In addition to taking care of the animals at the aquarium, staff is also busy providing new online resources for the public.
They’ve created a community resource page with a growing list of everything from videos to virtual lessons. It’s sorted by age and general family fun.
Since the aquarium is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, it relies on ticket sales, program fees and gifts. That’s where you can help. If you’re able, they are asking for community donations to help support their daily operations.
You can make an online donation at this link or by calling the Virginia Aquarium Development Office at 757-385-0260.
- Blog: Sunny And Cool Weekend
- Vaccine hunters are showing up at Virginia pharmacies in hopes of leftover doses
- James River Park official warns against unsafe water practices
- White House COVID-19 team to brief public as states ease restrictions
- Washington releases QB Alex Smith, setting up ODU’s Heinicke for potential starting role