VIRGINIA BEACH, Va, (WAVY) – Sandstock-A Tribute To Rock & Roll, originally scheduled for June 26 through 28, at the Beach and Boardwalk at 24th Street has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Festivals organizers cited Governor Northam’s Executive Order 65 prohibiting large events in response to COVID-19.
The music event is projected to return in 2021.
“Live! on Atlantic’s top priority is the health and safety of all our guests, participants, volunteers and staff,” sponsors of the festival wrote in a press release on Wednesday.
The City of Virginia Beach says they are following guidelines from the Virginia State Department of Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Tickets will remain on sale for other future Live! On Atlantic events.
- Pritzker bans indoor bar, restaurant service in Chicago suburbs
- Northampton County authorities investigating homicide Tuesday
- Pixie post: Fairy letters offer advice, respite in Norfolk
- Virginia Living Museum invites guests for Oyster Roast To-Go
- ‘No Hit Zone’: A safe place during pandemic stress