NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — One Mid-Valley Virginia barbecue spot is opening a location closer to the shore.
The popular The Fishin’ Pig is bringing its “finest from land and sea” to the city with a new location at the Railroad District in Park Place.
Officials announced the news on social media on Friday with photos of the new location and a hopeful opening later this year.
The original Fishin’ Pig location opened in Farmville in 2013 followed by a second one four years later in Waynesboro.
The restaurant is bringing its special “southern culinary combination” like the popular pulled pork and “Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos” to feed some hungry 757 palates.
Although it might sound similar, the restaurant should not to be confused with famous chef Sydney Meers’ Fish Pig Cafe that’s also opening at the Seldon Market in downtown Norfolk.
The Fishin’ Pig is just the latest spot announced as part of a high-end entertainment district planned for the former industrial area.
The Norfolk City Council and the Norfolk Planning Commission approved the site last year.
Latest Living Local Posts
- McRib returns nationwide for the first time in 8 years
- Shop local in Norfolk at the NEON Holiday Market coming Dec. 5
- Greek Fest Express drive-thru hits Norfolk in December
- VisitNorfolk receives $10,000 from Virginia Tourism program to promote small businesses
- Sheetz, NC’s Wicked Weed Brewing team up for donut-infused beer