The annual festival celebrates the military at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront and typically includes artists, concerts, military expos and displays. It was originally scheduled for May 29 through May 31.
Event organizers decided to reschedule the festival until May 28, 2021 through May 30, 2021 after considering the health impacts COVID-19 may have on the event’s artists, fans, staff and sponsors, according to a news release.
Ticket holders can use their current passes to get into next year’s festival. Those who cannot attend the 2021 celebration may request a refund.
“We are saddened to postpone the festival, however, we know it is the right thing to do for the health and safety of all. We look forward to celebrating with everyone in 2021,” the news release said.
- New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis Jr. died of COVID-19 complications at age 85, son says
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Va. nurse to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Newport News Police respond to shooting on Monitor Court