NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The annual Norfolk Greek Festival will be postponed until September due to coronavirus, event organizers announced Monday.
The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral announced that the annual Norfolk Greek Festival will be postponed from May until September this year to prevent the spread of COVID-19 . The new festival dates are Sept. 17 through Sept. 20.
“By this schedule change, we hope to maintain the health and safety for all our patrons and Cathedral family,” the announcement said. “The situation will continue to be re-evaluated. Until then, God bless you and stay safe!”
Click here for a complete list of major local upcoming events canceled or postponed due to the coronavirus.
- Day 8: Protests continue in Colorado Springs
- ‘March for Justice’ walk scheduled for Saturday afternoon in Nashville
- Columbus, Georgia community, leaders gather for “My Black has a Purpose Peace Rally”
- VIDEO: Protesters block 3 Mile Bridge, one seen riding on the hood of a vehicle
- Flyover operation ‘Thanks From Above’ takes place in Upstate New York