NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – The NEON District Festival committee is now accepting submissions from artists and performers for their seventh annual NEON Festival.
According to a press release, The NEON Festival will take place on October 20 and 21 and has multiple stages and venues available on both nights that artists and performers can take advantage of. Applications are available now until August 19 and applications can be submitted here.
Applicants will be notified of the invitation to participate by August 29.
The NEON District Festival has been around since 2015 and is put on to celebrate and encourage visitors to explore Norfolk’s first official art district. Since its inaugural year, the festival has attracted over 4,000 visitors and has given hundreds of artists and performers the chance to showcase their art.
The 2022 NEON Festival will also include:
- Three new murals
- Glass After Dark at the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio and the Museum
- Dynamic exhibition opening at d’Art Center with refreshments, make & take, art for sale and a DJ
- The Plot Beer Garden and main stage entertainment from local community groups
- Public art tours led by Norfolk Tour Company
- Pop-up art galleries in NEON District businesses and venues
- Programming from multiple companies
For more information about the festivals open call, email email@example.com