PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — As we look forward to our nation’s birthday, we recognize what the 4th of July means to all Americans.
Some of the images of the last week illustrate our need for healing — but also an appreciation of what we have, and what we have yet to accomplish when you light the way.
For 244 years, we have recognized a unique fabric that is our country.
Red: The color of valor
We lose one, we lose it all.
Are we redefining the colors of our nation or the actions that make us Americans?
Our vision reveals some cracks, but we are called to go beyond ourselves. To reach out and be mindful of those around us.
For in the words of Ben Franklin, “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom.”
Something we strive and for and celebrate… because you light the way.
- Oceanfront businesses forced to close some locations, rethink operations due to lack of help
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County