NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — ROTC cadets (Reserve Officers’ Training Corps) from six regional colleges have been invited to celebrate the holidays aboard the Battleship Wisconsin.
Since opening in late November, Nauticus has hosted its new experience, WinterFest on the Wisconsin. The holiday special features 250,000 holiday lights illuminating the entire ship, a 25-foot-tall Christmas tree, and animatronic elves.
On Monday, they announced that through support from Navy Federal Credit Union, they can invite ROTC cadets to enjoy the lights for free.
- Local 8th-graders help set up new, floating Christmas tree tradition at Nauticus
- ‘WinterFest on the Wisconsin’ new holiday event coming to Nauticus
- Holiday lights and happenings in Hampton Roads this year
On Dec. 22, ROTC cadets from Old Dominion University, Norfolk State University, Hampton University, Tidewater Community College, Virginia Wesleyan, and Regent University will have the opportunity to board the Wisconsin.
“It’s a privilege to honor the Hampton Roads’ ROTC Consortium cadets this holiday season. These young men and women have dedicated themselves to serving our country – we’re proud to serve them and show our appreciation.”Cindy Williamson | Regional Manager at Navy Federal Credit Union
Winterfest on the Wisconsin includes a holiday light display, live entertainment, holiday displays, and a lighted sailboat parade each Saturday evening.
For more information regarding Winterfest on the Wisconsin, click here.
Stay with WAVY.com for more local news updates.
- Snow picks up and accumulates on roads in the region; wind also picking up
- Blog: Snow is Coming Down
- Gallery: First real snowfall of 2021 in Hampton Roads, & eastern North Carolina
- Mariners’ Museum in Newport News has Black History Month programming for all ages
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51