NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — This holiday season just got a little sweeter!
Earlier this month, the Hermitage Museum in Norfolk invited the community to submit entries for their gingerbread house contest. Now, residents are being asked to come out and see all of the sugar-filled masterpieces on display.
There are three categories:
Adult: One adult, age 17 years and up
Child: One child, ages 8-16 years
Family: At least one adult and one child
The museum staff will award prizes to the best gingerbread house in each category. In addition, residents will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite creation through the ‘Viewer’s Choice Award.’
The prizes are:
Adult: $100 VISA gift card
Child: $50 VISA gift card
Family: $50 VISA gift card and Hermitage Museum Family Membership (good for one year)
Viewer’s Choice: $25 VISA gift card
The gingerbread houses will be on display at the Hermitage Museum in Norfolk until Dec 20th. Admission is free and open to the public.
- Coast Guard Mid-Atlantic sets up 3 security zones with prohibited entry ahead of inauguration
- Last-minute basket lifts Old Dominion over Rice
- Jenkins carries Norfolk State past Delaware State 87-76
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Portsmouth Restaurant Week to kick off with more than 25 participating businesses