HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – Hoppy to say we have an Easter Guide for anyone trying to see the Easter Bunny or look for treats! Take a look at the egg-cellent events here.
- Where: All over Chesapeake, and Recreation and Tourism Administrative Office/Visitor Center, 1224 Progressive Drive
- When: Saturday, April 1, and Saturday, April 8 at 9 a.m.
- What: The Chesapeake Bunny Trail adventure begins! For two Saturdays, enjoy a free egg hunt of 10,000 eggs around participating parks in Chesapeake. Keep an eye out for an announcement each Saturday at 9 a.m. for details on where the Easter Bunny left the eggs. A special golden egg will be hidden at each park. If you find the special egg, find it and return it to Recreation and Tourism Administrative Office/Visitor Center during normal operating hours for a prize!
- How much: Free and open to the public.
- Where: White’s Old Mill Garden Center, 3133 Old Mill Rd
- When: Sunday, April 9 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- What: Each child that attends will be given a complimentary bag to collect eggs hidden around their greenhouse and nursery.
- How much: Admission is $5 per child and all proceeds will be donated to the Chesapeake Humane Society.
- Where: The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium
- When: March 31 – April 9
- What: The event says, “The Easter bunny will be hard at work hiding “eggs” in the trees. Spot the eggs while you climb and get a treat at the end of your climb.” The egg hunt is free with a ticket for climbing.
- How much: Tickets are required and based on age. It is for ages 5+.
Easter Egg Hunt at Hunt Club Farm
- Where: Hunt Club Farm
- When: April 8 – April 9
- What: Get ‘out of your shell’ at Hunt Club Farm by coming out for the region’s most enduring favorite events, their Easter Spring Fling and Egg Hunt.
- How much: Prices vary. View here.
- Where: Cavalier Hotel
- When: Sunday, April 9
- What: Make a reservation to eat brunch at the Cavalier Hotel for the Grand Easter Celebration. The brunch includes Easter specials, a visit from the Easter Bunny, egg hunts, and other family fun.
- How much: Price depends on meal and visit.
- Where: Keagan’s Irish Pub
- When: Saturday, April 8 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- What: New refreshments, complimentary buffet, Easter egg hunt for kids, and face painting.
- How much: Click here to get your free ticket and learn more.
- Where: Muse Paintbar, 4500 Main St #105
- When: Friday, April 7 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- What: Children will be led step by step through this painting.
- How much: $35 per ticket. Visit here to purchase and learn more.
- Where: The Elizabethan Gardens, 1411 National Park Drive, Manteo, NC
- When: Saturday, April 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- What: Hundreds of Easter eggs will be set up for guests to find throughout the gardens. The event will feature live music, games, vendors, egg races, and more. It will be a fun family-friendly day.
- How much: Tickets vary based on age. For children 2 and under, tickets are free. Click here for more information.
Easter Egg Basket Community Giveaway
- Where: McDonald’s, Tanglewood Pkwy
- When: Friday, April 7 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- What: This event presented by the Pasquotank County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Officer Division offers a free Easter egg basket giveaway. The baskets will be distributed first come first serve.
- How much: Free and open to children in grades K-5.