HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The Hampton Coliseum is hosting a pop-up style drive-in movie theater event to celebrate its 50th anniversary this year.
The movies have been running on Fridays and Saturdays with back to back shows beginning promptly at 7 p.m. and then at 10 p.m.
Vehicles should plan to arrive before the show begins for parking.
Here are the movies and times:
Friday, July 31
- Frozen 2
- Dirty Dancing
Saturday, August 1
- Jurassic Park
Friday, August 14
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
Saturday, August 15
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Tickets are on sale now for $30 per vehicle plus a $6 fee and must be purchased in advance. For an additional $20, movie-goers can add movie snack-packs to their ticket order — snack-packs include four popcorns, four candies, and four drinks.
Tickets will be available for purchase until 3:00 p.m. on the day of the show and the parking lot opens at 6 p.m.
The Hampton Coliseum has put additional precautions in place for the safety of guests and staff.
- Visitors are asked to wear face masks and maintain six feet of social distance while inside and outside the facility.
- All moviegoers must stay in their car during the movie except to visit the restroom or concessions just inside the Coliseum. Congregating outside your vehicle will not be permitted.
- Children must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian when visiting restrooms and concessions.
- Be respectful of people and property as this is a family event.
- Hampton Coliseum will provide all vehicles with a trash bag upon arrival.
- If you are sick, running a fever, or have been exposed to COVID-19, stay home.
- Firearms, weapons of any kind, alcoholic beverages, and family pets are strictly forbidden.
- All vehicles are subject to search. Service animals are welcome at any time.
For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.