VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — New art work will soon be seen all over the Virginia Beach Oceanfront thanks to the second round of the ViBe Creative District Mural Festival.
A total of 10 murals will be painted on 10 different locations throughout the districts by local and national artists. The artists will have 10 days to complete the large scale masterpieces.
The featured artists and locations include:
- Schuyler Beecroft at Marys Restaurant
- TALENT Murals at Best Value Hardware
- Seth Lubaton at GypsySoulBoutiqueVB
- Susan Tolbert at McKenzie Construction Corporation
- John Hutchinson at Derrick Borte Property
- IGOR at Derrick Borte Property
- Naomi McCavitt at Prosperity Kitchen & Pantry
- ARCY at FW Express Car Wash
- JUURI at Esoteric
- Matt Brass at Vibrant Shore Brewing
Free tours will be given throughout the duration of the festival, allowing the public to watch the artwork come to life.
The festivities kick off Thursday night at CROC’s 19th Street Bistro and ends with a Block Party next Saturday, May 18, at Guava Jam Bistro.
The featured events throughout the 10 days include:
- Kick-Off Party / Welcome Artists @ CROC’s 19th St Bistro
- Mother’s Day ART IN THE PARK art and craft show @ ViBe Park
- Coffee & Conversations with the Mural Artists @ Prosperity Kitchen
- Instagram Challenge
- Artist Talk @ 1701
- Block Party featuring Guava Jam Band @ Davis Ad Agency
Tap here for more information on the ViBe Creative District Mural Festival.