PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Our photographic journey that made our week in Hampton Roads began with a dark anniversary in our military history. This week, we remembered the 17 sailors who died 20 years ago on the USS Cole with a special ceremony at Naval Station Norfolk.
We also met a 12-year-old boy who committed to cutting 50 lawns for veterans, the elderly and disabled.
Politics are still dominating our discussion, both locally and nationwide.
Virginia and North Carolina have begun early voting, and this week’s images tell us how committed some are to getting their ballots in before Election Day. Standing in line counters political unrest. It’s how America raises a voice to chose leadership.
Each vote is for the future. It’s how you light the way.
Digital Extra: 17 points of light Podcast
- Police responding to shooting at Heritage High School in Newport News, students being evacuated
- Suffolk woman set fire to apartment building Sunday morning, authorities say
- Virginia Sept. 20 COVID-19 update: Va. reporting around 3,600 new cases, 32 deaths per day; 549 in ICU
- Man grazed by a bullet shows up at Norfolk hospital
- Newsfeed Now: Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito; Traffic flagger brings smiles to people stuck in jam