CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — The Hampton Roads Workforce Council is planning a FREE opportunity fair for teens and young adults ages 16-24, to have a place to network and seek employment with local companies.
The NextGen Opportunity Fair will be on Wednesday, March 4 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. At the Chesapeake Conference Center.
This is the eighth year that the council has organized this opportunity fair. Some of the companies represented this year include Waffle House, Chick-Fil-A, Amazon, as well as many more.
Job-seekers are encouraged to bring multiple copies of their resume and to be dressed professionally for onsite interviews with potential employers. People who pre-register will also be able to get free professional head shots.
More Chesapeake News:
- Despite services canceled, Chesapeake church choir sings for community
- Chesapeake’s Carolina Cupcakery offering virtual baking classes, facemasks, and DIY baking kits
- In support of southeastern Virginia COVID-19 relief efforts, USAA commits $150,000 to local nonprofits
- Chesapeake Jubilee and Shrimp Fest canceled for 2020
- VIDEO: Cow wouldn’t mooove out of traffic on I-64