PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Sometimes the most painful injuries are not physical. So, how does a wounded warrior get past PTSD, combat stress, or any physical or mental hardship? They get help, and that comes in many forms. Tomorrow, a cobia fishing trip leaving out of Yorktown will host about 20 wounded warriors. Find out more from event organizer Kevin Felix and Wounded Warrior Project CEO Mike Linnington.
Wounded Warrior Project
Find out how you can help or get involved by visiting woundedwarriorproject.org.
MORE FROM HRS!
- Portsmouth Police investigating death investigation near Court Street
- Pasquotank County commissioners OK increase to sheriff’s budget, despite pushback from protesters
- Virginia Beach woman recovering after apparent hit-and-run in neighborhood
- ODU Fan group “The Monarchists” raising money with $105 donations after 105 home runs this season
- Chesapeake’s Cherry “ecstatic” about making first Olympic team