PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — This year marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day and keeping our planet beautiful starts in our own backyards with a focus on conservation and preservation.
Living River Trust is the only local land conservation group in Hampton Roads. Today on the HRS, John Harbin with LRT joined Chris Reckling with a big announcement on 500 acres of land preserved in Hampton Roads.
The Living River Trust is a sister organization to the Elizabeth River Project. They have just kicked off the #LOVELIZ social media awareness campaign. Please share your photos, videos, thoughts, poems and stories inspired by life along the Elizabeth River.
Elizabeth River Project
Share your photos, video, songs and stories at ElizabethRiverProject.ORG
Connect on social media for Earth Day inspiration every day!
MORE FROM HRS!
- Sentara to start 1b vaccinations for low-income, Medicaid patients Wednesday
- Blog: Wintry Mix To Snow Tonight Into Early Thursday.
- Thieves steal billions in jobless funds in California during pandemic
- ‘My baby is in a box’: Mother of Xzavier Hill, man shot and killed by Va. state troopers, wants justice
- Biden orders 200 million more COVID-19 vaccine doses to boost US supply