PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Even though Baxter Simmons is not operating his restaurants, the catering kitchen at Paradise Ocean Club has prepared thousands of meals that are being delivered to hospital workers during the coronavirus pandemic. Today Baxter joined us to talk about why he decided to use his gear for good.
Paradise Ocean Club’s Feed the Frontline: serving hot meals to hospitals and healthcare workers.
Visit GoFundMe and search “Feed Hospital Heroes.”
More From HRS!
- Restaurants say uptick in Thanksgiving take-out orders are helping make ends meet
- House fire on Lynnhaven Drive in Hampton
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Soldier’s Angels nonprofit looks to adopt military and veteran families in Hampton Roads
- High COVID-19 transmission in communities also increases risk in nursing homes