WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) If you’ve ever been interested in learning how to grow your own produce, you should get in touch with Williamsburg Community Growers. Part of their mission is to provide gardening space for individuals and organizations, in addition to promoting healthy, sustainable lifestyles for the community.
Our Symone Davis sat down with Executive Director Charlie Morse and Farm manager Liz Callan to learn how residents can become volunteers.
You can volunteer at the farm on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. You can choose to sign a waiver when you arrive or download one from their website www.growwilliamsburg.org. Follow them on Facebook for weather updates and details.
- Portsmouth Restaurant Week to kick off with more than 25 participating businesses
- 2 injured in vehicle crash in Accomack County
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Hyde County currently listed as ‘critical community spread,’ restricted access to select offices
- VB School Board to hold special meeting on Option 1 students returning to in-person learning