LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson shared some unfortunate news on his home front: He and his family tested positive for the coronavirus.
Johnson announced their diagnosis in an 11-plus minute video on Instagram on Wednesday. He said he was shocked after hearing their positive tests, calling the ordeal “one of the most challenging and difficult things we’ve ever had to endure.”
The actor said he along with his wife, Lauren Hashian, and two young daughters contracted the virus, but have now recovered. He said his daughters “bounced back” after having sore throats for a couple days.
But for Johnson and his wife, he said they both had a “rough go.”
Johnson said he and his family caught the virus from close family friends, who told him they did not know where they contracted the virus.
Johnson said the ordeal has made him more conscious. He made several suggestions to combat the virus such as wearing a mask, boosting your immune system and committing to wellness.
- Restaurants say uptick in Thanksgiving take-out orders are helping make ends meet
- House fire on Lynnhaven Drive in Hampton
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Soldier’s Angels nonprofit looks to adopt military and veteran families in Hampton Roads
- High COVID-19 transmission in communities also increases risk in nursing homes