HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Cinema Cafe officials announced on Wednesday excitement to reopen as part of Virginia’s phase 3 after closing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Starting on July 3, the movie theater chain is expected to stagger its reopening to the public with guidelines in place. Details on those guidelines will be released soon.
Cinema Cafe officials believe they will open in the following order, with a few days between each: Edinburgh, Pembroke Meadows, Riverdale in Hampton, and Greenbrier.
The Kemps River opening will be delayed a little longer because of additions to the theater, which include recliners.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Warner applauds Treasury Department’s $9 billion investment in minority communities
- The one-and-done J&J vaccine is en route to Hampton Roads; Gloucester NAACP leaders hope it’ll make a difference for minorities
- Newport News Shipbuilding to receive additional COVID-19 vaccines
- 1 injured in shooting in Hampton
- Portsmouth will return some students to in-person learning next month