PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — A man sustained minor injuries after a sailboat caught fire while anchored in the Elizabeth River just behind the Swimming Point area Sunday morning.
The call for the fire came in just before 6 a.m. on Sunday. A good Samaritan helped the boat owner, who was on the boat at the time of the fire, get off and safely returned him to shore.
- Pritzker moves prisoners ahead of adults with high-risk medical conditions in vaccination line
- Local organization feeds 5,000 people while honoring Martin Luther King, Jr.
- VSP: 4-vehicle crash with injuries on I-264 eastbound
- BLOG: What’s a Circumhorizontal Arc (aka ‘Rainbow Cloud’)?
- Metal guitarist saw in famous photo arrested in connection with Capitol riot